Adsali Sugarcane Planting
1. Adsali planting is mainly followed in low rainfall areas of Maharashtra.
2. Planting is done in July – August and the crop remains for 18 months in the field.
3. In July – August this soil may get water logged and suffer from lack aeration if there is continuous rain.
4. So, Adsali planting is done on the sides of the ridges and not at the bottom if there is continuous rain.
5. Adsali planting provides longer period for vegetative growth and ultimately the cane gives higher yield.