After Care (Inter cultivation) of Potato Field
1. The Intercultural operations like hand weeding and earthing up are done to destroy weeds, to keep the soil loose for proper development of tubers and to cover the tubers with soil.
2. First weeding is done when the plants are 15 to 20 cm high.
3. At the same time, light earthing up is given to support the plant.
4. Second weeding is done after three weeks and also earthing up is done with help of kudali to cover the developing tuber.
5. All these operations should be done carefully without damaging roots and developing tubers.
6. If the developing tubers are not covered, the exposed part of tubers turn green and become unfit for human consumption.