Botanical Name and Economic Uses of Ginger
Local Name : Adrak, Ale
Family : Zinziberaceae
Botanical Name : Zingiber officinale
Orgin : South – East Asia
1. It is an important cash crop grown in India for its aromatic rhizomes.
2. Raw Ginger is used as spice.
3. It has medicinal value against cold.
4. It is used in the preparation of medicines and confectionery.
5. It is used for preparation of sunt which has medicinal value.
6. It is exported to other countries which gives valuable foreign exchange.