Botanical Name, Economic Uses and Varieties of Lucern or Alfalfa
Local Name : Lasun ghass, vilayati gavat
Family : Leguminoceae
Botanical Name : Medicago sativa
Origin : South – West Asia
1. Lucern in highly nutritious leguminous fodder crop.
2. It is rich in protein, phosphorus and calcium.
3. It contains 18 to 19 p.c. crude protein on oven dry basis.
4. It can be fed as green grass, silage or moorghas and dry grass.
5. It is fed to milch animal and bullocks.
6. It is palatable and every day 1 to 1.5 kg green Lucerne is fed with dry fodder.
Lucern – 9, Anand – 2, Anand – 8, sirsa – 9.