Causes of Water Logging
1. Adverse topography and unfavourable sub-soil geology.
2. Lack of catchment area production.
3. Rainfall characteristics.
4. Seepage from canal system and higher irrigated areas.
5. Man made causes:
i) Irrigation in deep verti soil
ii) Over irrigation
6. Poor on farm water management practices.
7. Lack of proper prioritization in irrigation system development.
8. Lack of integrated management of the water resources of the command area.
9. Inadequate utilization of night flow in the canal system.
10. Lack of peoples participation.