Characteristics of Biotechnology
Any technological revolution usually has the following five characteristics:
1. A drastic reduction in the cost of several products and services.
2. A dramatic improvements in the technical properties of processes and products.
3. Social and political acceptability in the sense that innovation is socially accepted but it involves modification in the legislative and regulatory patterns of society and some changes in management and labour attitude.
4. Environment acceptability.
5. Pervasive effects brought the economic system.
Recent advances in biotechnology have been exploited in a variety of ways both for production of industrial , important biochemical and for basic studies in molecular biology.