Different Between N. tabacum and N. rustica
1. Plants are tall about 150 – 180 cm.
1. Plants are dwarf about 90 – 120 cm
2. Leaves are large but narrow.
2. Leaves are large and broad.
3. The flowers are reddish, pinkish or white in colour.
3. The flowers are dull greenish yellow in colour.
4. the Nicotine content varies from 0.05 to 5.5 %
4. The Nicotine content varies from 3.5 to 8.0%
5. It requires medium type climate and have longer duration.
5. It requires cooler climate and have short duration.
6. It is used for cigarette, bidi, cigar and cherrot purpose.
6. It is used for hookah, chewing and snuff duration.
7. Varities – Virgainia, Nata, Adcock, Harrison special
7. Varieties – Calcuttiya, Motihari
8. It is mostly grown in peninsular India.
8. It is mostly grown in North – India.