Factors Affecting Choice of Herbicides
1. Capacity to kill target weed-It should be effective to control the target weeds in particular crop.
2. As far as possible it should be selective herbicide for avoiding damage to the particular crop.
3. It should be safe to man and animals.
4. Safe to rotation of crops means minimum or low persistency in the soil or it should not affect the choice of next crop in the rotation.
5. Free of any interactions with the herbicides applied to the soil in preveious seasons.
6. Resistant to changes in weather conditions.
7. Low in cost or economical to use.
8. Easily available in the market.
9. It should cause minimum damage to the environment or minimum environmental condition.