Future Research Need in Use of Herbicides
1. Lot of research work is reported so far on control of weeds in individual crops. However, very limited research work is reported so far on use of herbicides in different cropping systems with special reference to the residual effect of herbicides and herbicidal residue management.
2. It is felt necessary to concentrate on integrated weed management in different crops with protection of environment.
3. Success has been achieved to control the certain noxious weeds in non cropped areas by using biological method of weed control. However it is felt necessary to initiate the research work on control under our conditions. Research work reported so far in this regard is limited to developed countries only.
4. It is also necessary to study the economics of different methods of weed control and also combination of different weed control methods for economic crop production.
5. Survey of different weed species in different cropping situations under different eco-units should be carried out.
6. Finally, it is very important to transfer the technology on weed control through herbicides to the farmers for its effective use in minimizing losses in crop yields due to weeds and increase agril. production.