General Control Measures of Mycoplasma like Organisms
1. Most of the control measures against yellow type of disease are avoided at preventing infections.
2. Use of antibiotics: Antibiotics are known to suppress the yellow type disease. The most effective antibiotics appear to be chloro tetracycling, oxy tetra cycline and tetra cycline with choramphenicol, ledermycin and metha cycline. The application of antibiotics by root dip or paste under tha bark, standing cutting in solution appears to be more effective than foliar spray or soil drenches.
3. Heat Treatment: It is possible to cure yellow infected plants grassy, shoot of sugarcane by heat treatment.
4. Vector Control: Since most of disease are spread by the vector, control of vector through effective insecticides like rogar, Malathion, Endosulphan, demecron etc.
5. Kiliing of alternate hosts: Weeds may serve as alternate host, hence killing of alternate host.