Ginger Sets Selection and Sets Treatment for Plantation
Selection of Sets for Planting:
1. Ginger is propagated through rhizomes.
2. Only well matured, healthy rhizomes are used for planting.
3. Each set should have 2 to 3 sprouted buds.
4. It should be clean and free of roots.
5. It should be disease and pest free.
1. Sets are dipped in solution of nuvacron or quinolphos @ 20 ml in 10 lit. water to prevent attack of rhizome fly.
2. Also they are dipped in solution of ditane M – 45 @ 30g in 10 lit water to avoid infection of disease.