Harvesting and Yield of Ginger Cultivation
1. Ginger crop become ready for harvesting within about 7 to 8 months after planting.
2. Harvesting is done when the leaves turn yellow and the stems begin to dry.
3. It can be harvested in early stage if there is demand in market for raw ginger.
4. The leaves are cut off and the rhizomes are dug out with the help of kudali or digging –fork.
5. The exposed rhizomes are collected and cleaned by removing roots, soil etc.
1. Av. Yield of raw ginger – 7 to 10 tons/ha.
2. Yield of Dry ginger (sunt) is about 1/5th of the green ginger by weight.