Important Pests of Chilli
2. Cut worms
4. Pepper weevil
1. These are small insects which feed on the leaves by scrapping the epidermis sucking the oozed cell sap.
2. The affected leaves turn brown, get curled and dry at the tips locally known as churda murda or bokdya.
1. Spray 0.1% Malathion at 10 days interval.
2. Apply 10% phorte granules in soil @ 10 kg/ha. at the time of transplanting.
1. The caterpillar remain hidden in soil during day and damage the crop during night hours.
2. The caterpillar cut the plants at ground level and feeds on tender leaves.
3. They also feed on the roots.
1. Apply 5% chlordane or heptachlor dust to soil @ 50 kg/ha.