Important Plant Pathogenic Organism – Algae
1. Algae are eukaryotic, Sample plant like microorganisms with rigid cell wall containing chlorophyll they are ubiquitous organisms abundantly present in aquatic environment.
2. They have wide range of shapes and size and the common shapes are rhizoidal, filamentous and mucilaginous.
3. They are aerobic, photosynthetic organisms; contain three types of pigments chlorophyll, cartoenoids and phycocyanin.
4. Most of the algae are photoautotrophic, may reproduce either sexually or asexually.
5. Algae reproduce asexually by binary fission, fragmentation and formation of spores and sexually by formation of zygotes.