Inter-cultivation, Manuring and Irrigation for Ginger Cultivation
1. Germination of Ginger take place in 2 to 3 week.
2. 3 to 4 hand weeding are given at 15 days interval.
3. Light earthing up operation is done at the time of second dose of nitrogenous fertilizer application.
1. About 25 to 30 tons of FYM or compost is added to soil during preparation of land.
2.The recommended dose of fertilizer is 75kg N, 30kg g P2O5 and 30kg k2O/ha.
3. All P2O5 and K2O is applied at the time of planting.
4. 35kg N is applied six weeks after planting and the remaining 40kg N is given six weeks after the application of first dose.
1. First irrigation is given immediately after planting.
2. Subsequent irrigations are given at 10 days interval.
3. In all ginger crop requires 16 to 18 irrigations.
4. Over irrigation or water stagnation conditions should be avoided as it leads to rottening of developing rhizomes.