Inter-cultivation, Manuring and Irrigation for Turmeric Cultivation
1. Germination of turmeric take place within 4 to 6 weeks.
2. 4 to 5 hand weedings are given at 15 day interval depending upon the intensity of weeds.
3. Light earthing up is given after 2.5 to 3 months of planting at the time of applying fertilizer dose.
4. The weedicides like Atratop or laso can be effectively used after 3 to 4 days of planting for control of weeds.
1. About 25 to 30 tons of FYM or compost per hectare is added to the soil during preparation of land.
2. The recommended dose of fertilizer in M. S. is 120kg N, 37kg P2O5 and 37kg K2O per hectare.
3. All phosphate and potash is applied at or before planting.
4. Half of the dose of nitrogen is given after 6 weeks i.e. after complete germination.
5. The remaining half dose of nitrogen is given at 2.5 to 3 months after planting along with the earthing up operation.
1. For turmeric crop, first light irrigation is given either before or after planting.
2. Second light irrigation is given 3 to 4 days after planting.
3. After that, it is given at 8 to 10 days of interval.
4. In all 20 – 25 irrigations are required.
5. Water stagnation condition should be avoided during rainy season.