An effective learning experience can only be had in well structured and skillfully executed learning situation. Extension teaching consists basically or arranging situations that promote desired learning. The essential role of extension worker is to create learning situations that stimulates and guide the learning activity. The effective extension worker is one who can create and manage learning situations in which learners have effective learning experience.
A learning situation is the condition or environment in which all the elements necessary for promoting learning are present.
An Effective Learning Situation Consists of Following Five Essential Elements:
1. An effective Instructor or Leader.
2. Learners who want and need to learn.
3. Content or subject matter that is useful to learners.
4. Appropriate teaching equipments and material.
5. An appropriate physical environment