Maintenance of Air Screen Seed Cleaner
1. Check all nuts, bolts and screws daily and tighten or replace as necessary.
2. Check brushes and spring tension on the brush drive mechanism, adjust or replace when necessary.
3. Be sure that feed hopper is loaded to capacity to ensure uniform flow of seeds on to the entire width of the screens.
4. Check fan and main eccentric bearings for adjustment, wear and excessive vibration; replace when necessary.
5. Check air chest to be sure that it is not ploughed with straw and trash.
6. Check air exhaust vents to be sure that seed is not being blown by the air blast and discharged through the dust collectors.
7. Check daily to see that all screens are anchored family in the proper position in the shaker shoes.
8. Check all screens daily to see that surfaces are flat and true.
9. Clean machine after each operating shift, including the screens, and greases all bearing as instructed in the operation manual.
10. Inspect the cleaner frequently during operation to detect visually, or by ear, any malfunction.
11.At the end of the processing season, check for worn and damaged parts and replace immediately.