Manuring and Irrigation for Cultivation of Safflower
1. 5 to 10 tons FYM/ha. is added into soil at the time of last harrowing.
2. The dose of fertilizer is
a) Rainfed safflower: 25 kg N/ha
b) Irrigated safflower: 50kg N : 25kg P2O5/ha.
3. Rainfed crop fertilizers should be applied at the time of sowing.
4. In case of irrigated crop half dose of N and all P should be applied at the time sowing and remaining half dose of N at 30 days after sowing.
1. Safflower is a drought resistant crop hence generally grown as rainfed crop on stored moisture.
2. As irrigated crop first irrigation is given before sowing.
3. The other irrigations should be given at flowering and grain filling stage 35 to 40 days and 65 to 70 days after sowing respectively.