Non Parasitic Diseases – Definition and General Characteristics
Plant disease in which no foreign organisms or parasitic is associate with the cause is known as Non-parasitic disease. They differ from virus disease in being no infectious.
1. Non infectious disease of plants is caused by the lack of excess of something that supports life.
2. Non infectious disease occurs in the absence of pathogen and therefore, cannot be transmitted from diseased to healthy plants.
3. Non infectious disease may effect plant in all stages of their lives, such as seeds, seedlings, mature plants or fruits.
4. These disease cause damage in field in storage or at the market.
5. Symptoms may range from slight to severe and affected plants may even die.