Plant Disease Due to Lack of Minerals
Red leaf of cotton
1. Nitrogen deficiency affects respiration.2. Plant grows poorly and are light green in colour.3. Lower leaves trun yellow.
Dwarfening of cotton
1. Poor growth.2. Leaves bluish green or purple tings.3. Bronzening of lower leaves.
Cotton rust leaf spot of alfa alfa.
1. Plants have thin shoot in severe cases.2. Show dieback.
Sand drown disease in tobacco
1. First older then younger leaves becoemes mottled or chlorotic then reddish tips, and margins of leaves turn upward.
Hallow stem of brassica of mango
1. Hypertrophy degeneration and disintegration of cambium cells. 2. Necrosis of tissues. 3. Heart rot of sugrabeet brown heart of turnip , browining or hallow stem of cauliflower dieback or rosette of apples, hard fruits of citurs.
Dieback of citrus
1. Chlorosis symptoms. In citrus , stone fruit, dieback of twings in summer rosetting.
Manganese ( Mn)
Gray speaks disease of Oats Marsh spot on garden pea.
1. Leaves chlorotic but these smaller veins green, further brown in colour.2. Chlorosis of spinach and beans. Spots in pear.
Prominent veins pale yellow, bronzening of leaf laina, crinckling and reduction in leaf shape, shortening of internodes, rosette of apples, mottle of leaf citurs , little leaf of apple, khaira disease of rice, white tip of corn, sickel leaf of cocao.
Resembles N deficiency
Chlorosis, affect the process of photosynthesis , yellowing of sugarcane , Fe deficiency in citrus is termed as "Green netting".
Whiptail disease of cauliflower.
Melon plants exihibit severe yellowing and stunting and they fail to set fruit.
Blossom end rot or tomato, wither tip of flaz.