Points to be Considered While Jowar Using Kadbi as Fooder
1. Use high seed rate and grow thickly.
2. Grow varieties having tall thin stem and leafy growth.
3. Fed kadbi in green as well as dry stage.
4. Thick stem fodder should be chopped into small bits with the help of fodder cutter (kadba kutti machine). It well save wastage of fodder to the extent of 20-25%
5. Make the chopped material more palatable by spraying small quantity of salt solution.
6. Make the fodder nutritious by growing mixed with legumes like pea, chawali, kulthi etc.
7. Feed as green fodder when crop is in flag leaf stage.
8. Do not fed the jowar plants upto eight weeks from germination as it contains HCN (hydro cyanic acid) which is poisons to cattle.