Practical significance of Biocontrol (Advantages)
1. It is exercised in a wide area.
2. The application of biotic agent is easy and possible in inaccessible areas like dense forest.
3. It is safe for humans and animal health.
4. The biotic agents survive in nature till the pest is prevalent.
5. It is a cheaper method if successfully deployed and persuaded.
6. It is a self perpetuating in nature.
7. It has no risk of environment pollution.
8. It does not require and special equipment to apply and can be mass multiplied at farmer’s level.
9. It may provide/generate employment revenues to rural people.
10. No problem of pest resistance and resurgence.