Precaution to be Taken While Application of Herbicides
1. Spray when the wind velocity is low and take into account the direction of the wind while spraying when susceptible crops are nearby.
2. Keep the livestock away from sprayed crops.
3. Do not use same equipment of insecticides and fungicides if 2, 4-D is sprayed with it.
4. The solution should not come in contract with body as most of them cause irritation to skin.
5. Spray in sunny weather to have effective control.
6. There should be sufficient soil moisture for the effectiveness of weedicides.
7. Prepare the herbicidal solution in glass or enamel container.
8. Maintain uniform pressure for uniform spray.