Preparation of Land for Cultivation of Rabi Sorghum
1. When Jowar is taken as first crop by keeping kharif fallow then 3 to 4 harrowing are given to remove the weed and conserve the moisture in the soil during monsoon.
2. 5 to 6 tons FYM/ha. is added in soil before last harrowing.
3. If Jowar is taken as second crop after short durational kharif crop then land is ploughed immediately after the harvest of previous crop.
4. 2 to 3 harrowing are given and all stables are collected and destroyed.
5. Compacting is done by running planker.
6. All the operations should be done across the slope to conserve maximum moisture in soil.