Preparation of Land for Sugarcane Cultivation
1. Sugarcane stands in the field for more than one year hence, land is prepared by giving two deep ploughing.
2. First ploughing is given immediately after the harvesting of previous crop with mould board plough or tractor.
3. The land is exposed to sun for one to two months.
4. The clods are crushed with clod crusher or Norwegian harrow.
5. 35-50 tons FYM/ha. is added to soil.
6. Second crosswise ploughing is given by wooden plough.
7. 2-3 harrowing are given and soil is brought to clod free tilt.
8. Land is leveled with the help of planker and seed bed is prepared.