Problem in Export of Vegetables
1. Inadequate air cargo space.
2. Higher air freight.
3. Restriction in the export. During shortage of crop export is restricted. Thus regular export is stopped.
4. Non- availability suitable variety.
5. Absence of cultivation of suitable crop varieties exclusively for export is fresh for processing.
6. Improper packing of the produce.
7. Vegetables are packed oin jute (undesirable).
8. Corrugated fiberboard boxes are not of enough strength and damaged in transport.
9. Cold storage facilities at all air ports.
10. In adequate handling space.
11. Inadequate research development back up.
12. No export oriented research programmed are being taken up in vegetables.
13. Quality of vegetables is not uniform.
14. Cost of vegetable washed in shorting and grading.