Procedure for Field Inspection
1) Note that field inspections of seed plots be carried without pre intimation to the seed grower so as to ascertain whether the seed grower is regularly carrying rougeing and other essential items of work.
2) During 1st Inspection check all information of about species, variety stage source of seed used, ( tags, labels, seed bags, cash memo ) area of the seed plot registered for certification , cropping history of the seed plot.
3) Visit the seed plot, Move on all sides of the plot for confirming whether the seed plot meets isolation requirement. In case of doubt, measure the area of seed plot and also distance between seed plot and contamination field.
4) Draw a rough map of the seed plot showing location.
5) During every field inspection , every part of the seed plot should be covered. For this walk across the seed plot while taking the field counts in all directions. Inspect adjacent fields, wastelands for isolation requirement.
6) Count off types, volunteer plants and other contaminants observed during each count and record them.
7) While taking count, barren rows or long gaps if noticed need not be included in the count.
8) Give guidance to seed producer or his representative about Rogueing, off types plant protection, harvesting.
9) At the end of each inspection field inspector fill inspection report. ( In prescribed proforma in appendix II) in Quadruplicate and handover send green copy to seed producer or his represented and yellow copy to Div SCO office and pink copy to district seed certification office. Retain white copy as record.