Salient Features of Fertilizer Application of Wheat Crop
1. The response of wheat to organic manure is less as compared to fertilizers but it helps in improving structure of the soil and moisture holding capacity.
2. The irrigated wheat crop with Mexican varieties gives good response to N but lower response to P and K.
3. The response to the application of nitrogen along with the phosphorous is better than the application of N and P alone.
4. Different agro climatic regions show different response to fertilizer.
5. Indo-Gangetic alluvial soil gives better response to fertilizers than black cotton soil of Maharashtra.
6. The response to the fertilizer is also depend upon time of sowing spacing, seed rate, method of fertilizer application, variety etc.
7. Drilling of fertilizer at 6 cm depth below the seed gives better response than broadcasting.
8. Different type of Nitrogenous fertilizer give more or less equal response but in some cases ammonium sulphate nitrate has proved better than others.
9. Foliar application of urea in addition to part application on through soil at sowing give good response in case of rainfed wheat.