Seed Rate and Sowing Distance (Spacing) for Wheat Cultivation
1. Seedrate of wheat depend upon the variety, sowing method, type of cultivation and time of sowing.
2. Seed rate of wheat varies from 44 to 132 kg/ha.
3. For Mexican variety optimum seed rate is 88 kg/ha. under average soil conditions.
4. Higher seedrate is used in case of late sowing to reduce the loss in yield.
Sowing Distance (Spacing):
1. In case of drilling method spacing depends upon variety, type of soil, type of cultivation and time of sowing.
2. Generally rainfed wheat crop is sown at 30 cm distance and irrigated wheat crop is sown at 22.5cm distance between two rows.
3. The variety having less tillering habit should be sown at closer distance than profusely tillering habit.
4. Similarly in delayed sowing spacing should be brought closer than timely sowing.
5. It means spacing of wheat is 22.5 to 30 cm between two rows.