Sets Selection and Sets Treatment for Turmeric Planting
Selection of Sets for Planting:
1. Well matured and sound mother rhozomes are used as planting material in turmeric.
2. The sets should be oval or round in shape.
3. The sets should be free from pests and disease.
4. The set should be clean and root free.
5. There should be 2 – 3 sprouted buds on each set.
6. The sets sometimes sprout under moist straw before planting.
1. Mother sets are dipped in solution of quinolphos and organo mecurial fungicide for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. This treatment is given to avoid the attack of rhizome fly and fungal diseases.