Sowing Time, Spacing, Seed Rate and Yield of Gram
1. Gram crop can be sown during October to early December.
2. Optimum time of sowing gram is mid October to mid November.
3. For late sowing early growing varieties are sown so that flowering comes in cool days.
30 x 10 cm. Rainfed
45 x 10 cm. Irrigated
Seed Rate: Seed rate of gram varies from 40 to 60 kg/ha.
1. Av. Yield of rainfed gram crop – 5 to 6 qt/ha
2. Av. Yield of irrigated gram crop – 10 to 12 qt/ha
3. The proportion of grain to chaff is 1 : 1.75 or 1 : 2.