Varieties of Black Pepper
1. Panniyur-1: Released in 1966, vigorous, non-pigmented growing tip, long spikes and bold berries. Average yield ~ 2.2 kg black pepper.
2. Panniyur-2: Released in 1989. High yielding and tolerates shade, vigorous growing and has no pigmentation on the growing tip.
3. Panniyur-3: Released in 1989 for high yield. Faint pigmentation of the growing tip.
4. Panniyur-4 : High yielding late variety, released in 1989. Late in harvest.
5. Swbtakara: Average yield – 4.94 kg green berries/vine.
6. Srifcara: High yielding. Average yield- 2.67 tons
7. Shyama: Hybrid variety Average yield – 4.88 kg/vine.
8. Paattitfti: High yielding. Clone already in cultivation known as Aimipiriyan.
9. Pournami: Released by N.R.C., Spices,
10. Kozhikode for high yield and nematode resistant abilities.