Visit and Study Milk Chilling Plant
To acquaint with working of chilling plant.
Milk is chilled by ice to a temperature of 4 0 C or below. It is an intermediate processing before heat treatment of milk. Milk chilling provides ease and ample time for transshipment to processing plant. Chilling of milk minimizes the souring and spoilage.
1. The student will acquaint with operation of plant under the guidance of technical person.
2. They should operate the plant under the supervision and guidance of the teacher.
3. The student should operate the plant under the supervision and guidance of the teacher. The student should not taste the raw milk.
Raw milk, Chilled milk, Ice.
1. Cold milk filter
2. Milk weighing vat
3. Milk pump 4
4. Inter connection pipe line and pile fittings
5. Plate chiller
6. Milk storage tank
8. Can washer
9. Chilled water
10. Milk testing apparatus.
1. Location of the plant
2. Name of organization operating and installing chilling plant.
3. No. of milk producers / societies attached to the centre.
4. Quantity of milk per day available to the chilling centre.
5. Capacity of the chilling plant.
6. Facilities at the chilling center