Visit to Milk and Milk Products Processing Plant
To study various operations of milk processing in the plant.
The modern concept of dairying denotes and organized way of reducing, processing and marketing of milk and milk products. Dairying is an industry in India and its growth started from the plan periods. During the last two or three decades Govt. of India have established milk schemes in Urban areas. Milk is collected from rural areas and transported to city milk plants quickly under hygienic conditions. It is then subjected to different process like filtration clarification, standardization, homogenization, pasteurization and packing before its distribution to consumers. What are the organizations and operational structures of this process are the aspects of study visit to Dairy plant.
1. The parts of machine should not be touched knowing their know – how.
2. Beware form electrical circuit and connections. Be careful about points of steam leakages and open points. While handling the machine consult / take the help of operator.
3. Project yourself from conveyor chain or machinery chain. Do not be over enthusiastic.
4. Avoid accident.
Material / Apparatus required:
Milk and machineries of milk plant.
1. Observe record in your note the activities and schedule at dairy plant: Location, Water, Road, Premises.
2. Reception of milk in cans or tankers, by road or rail.
3. Unloading plant from mechanical, manually, tipping, weighing milk tank.
4. Assembling of milk cans for grading temp odour, appearance acidity and sediment.
5. Type of weight machine and its capacity of milk after weighing.
6. Location of dump tank, tank insulated or refrigerated.
7. Horizontal or vertical or refrigerated.
8. Filling of milk in tanks (Gravity or pumping).
9. Reception of milk by large rail or road tankers (Place open or covered)
10. Removal of milk by milk pump or compressed air line.
11. Measurement of tank.
12. Washing and sanitization.
14. Chemical and bacteriological analysis, use of sister plunger preservatives in sample.
15. Testing quality control.
16. Preheating temperature and method.
17. Filtration, location and types of filers, cold of warm milk.
19. Type and construction location.
20. Cooling of milk.
21. Method and temperature: Homogenization, Standardization.
1. Type of plant, different manufactures capacity and utilization capacity.
2. Packaging of milk.
3. Type of pack, size of pack, capacity of packing machine/hour.
4. Total milk packed in one day.
5. Storage cold storage, storage in pouch or bulk.
6. Distribution of milk.
7. Method/system of distribution.
8. Milk used for manufacture of Dahi, Butter, Ghee, flavored milk and khoa.
9. Cleaning and sanitization.
10. Milk procurement per day.
11. Study of different records maintained on plant.